Determination of Agricultural Exports in North Sumatra

  • Muhammad Muslim Universitas Islam Negeri Sumatera Utara, Medan, Indonesia
  • Muhammad Ridwan Universitas Islam Negeri Sumatera Utara, Medan, Indonesia
  • Maryam Batubara Universitas Islam Negeri Sumatera Utara, Medan, Indonesia
Keywords: Agricultural exports, Gross Domestic Product, Exchange Rates, Inflation


Export is the process of transporting goods from one country to another legally and export is very important in forming a country’s balance of payments. The purpose of this study was to determine whether gross domestic product, exchange rate, and inflation affect agricultural exports in North Sumatra. This study uses a quantitative approach. Quantitative research is research that emphasizes the analysis of numerical data (numbers) that are processed using statistical methods. The method used in this research is descriptive and verification method. From the research results it is known that the probability of the firm value variable is 0.002816 <0.05, and the F-Statistics value is 6.800019 > 2.64. Based on the results of the simultaneous test it can be seen that the Regional Gross Domestic Product (X1), Exchange Rate (X2), and Inflation (X3) have a positive and significant effect on Regional Exports of North Sumatra together. The R2 value is 0.2619 or 26.19%. This shows that the variables of Regional Gross Domestic Product, Exchange Rate and Inflation can only explain the regional export variable of only 24.90%. While the remaining 75.10% is explained by other variables outside the regression model in this study.



Al-Gazy, SM bin Q. (1994). Islamic Fiqh Study (Translation). Three Two.

Al-Mishri, US (2006). Islamic Economic Pillars.

April. (2012). International Economics: History, Theory, Concepts and Problems in Their Applications. Science House.

Arifin, Z. (2009). Fundamentals of Islamic Bank Management. Azkia Publisher.

Bishop, M. (2010). Economics Complete Guide from AZ. Read!

BPSRI. (2021). Export commodity analysis 2013-2020.

BPSSUMUT. (n.d.). Statistics on Foreign Trade Exports of North Sumatra Province. 2021., on January 9, 2022

Dhinni, VA (2021). RI Agricultural Exports Increase 4.1% Throughout January-November 2021. 2021#:~:text=Agriculture Sector Export Value (2016-2021)&text=Ministry of Trade (Ministry of Trade) data shows, US%24 3%2C68 billion,

Ekananda, M. (2014). International Economics. Erlangga.

Fahmi, I. (2010). Introduction to Political Economy. Alphabet.

Fischer, S., & Dornbusch, R. (1997). Macro economics. PT. Rineka Cipta.

Hasanah, EU (2012). Introduction to Macroeconomics. CAPS.

Hasyim, AI (2016). Macro economics. golden.

Hilwatunnadriyah. (2016). The Influence of Inflation on the Movement of Sharia Shares in JII in 2012-2014.

Huda, N. (2009). Islamic Economics Theoretical Approach. Pedia Media Group.

Ibrahim, Z. (2013). Introduction to Macroeconomics Revised Edition.

INDONESIA, KPR (2022). BPS: Agricultural Exports Increase.

Indonesia, K. agricultural republic. (2022). Agricultural Exports Increase 33.04 Percent. AGRICULTURE OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA&text=Jakarta - Central Bureau of Statistics (BPS,Y-on-Y)

Ministry of Finance. (2022). Indonesian Export Record High in August Reaches US$21.42 Billion.

Lubis, SK (2000). Islamic Economic Law. Graphics Light.

Indonesian media. (2022). BPS: January-February 2022 Agricultural Exports Grow 11.45%.

N. Gregory Mankiw. (2000). Introduction to Economics (Volume 2). Erlangga.

Nabhani, TA (2009). Islamic Economic System. Al Azhar Press.

Country, BPL (2021). Export By Commodity Group And Country.,

Rahardja, P., & Manarung, M. (2008). Macroeconomic Theory An Introduction (4th ed.).

Rozalinda. (2014). Islamic Economics Theory and Its Application to Economic Activities. King of Grafindo Persada.

Sabiq, S. (2006). Fiqh Sunnah. Script Pen.

Suhendi, hendi. (2002). Fiqh Muamalah. In Bandung: Faithful Readers.

Sukirno, S. (2013). Macroeconomic Theory Introduction. RajGrafindo Persada.

Sukiro, S. (2007). Modern Macroeconomics. PT Raja Grafindo Persada.

Sukirono, S. (2006). Macroeconomic Theory Introduction. King of Grafindo Persada.

Suparmono. (2010). Introduction to Macroeconomics. UPP.

Suprapti, A. (2014). Analysis Of Exports Of Agricultural Food Commodities In East Java. Journal of Development Economics.

Sutedi, A. (2014). Import Export Law. Achieve Asa Success.

Syahputra, R. (2017). Analysis of the factors that influence economic growth in Indonesia. Journal of Ocean Economics, 1, 188.

Todaro, MP (1998). Economic Development In The Third World. Erlangga.

Winardi. (2006). Motivation in Management. PT. King of Grafindo Persada.

How to Cite
Muslim, M., Ridwan, M., & Batubara, M. (2023). Determination of Agricultural Exports in North Sumatra. Indonesian Interdisciplinary Journal of Sharia Economics (IIJSE), 6(3), 1467-1499.